The Breakers Chapter 14 Pic Tease and Teaser

Monday, September 19, 2011


"Look, I'm exhausted and I know you are, too. If you still want to, why don't you talk to Peyton and then get some rest. Let me spend the day trying to smooth things over with her and then when we both have clearer heads, we'll talk. I um …" I stammer, knowing it's my turn to give him something. "I want to tell you about Evan."

He sucks in a sharp breath and I can almost see him shaking his head at me. "If you aren't ready, Bella, I'm not going to push. I don't want you to think-"

I cut him off. "Edward, it's time and it's right that you know."

"Okay," he answers quietly. "Sprite's not mad at me is she?"

"No, she's mad at me. She told me it had to be my fault you weren't here today," I tell him honestly.

I can hear him start to argue with me, but I cut him off again. "It is my fault. I'm not saying that I did anything wrong because I know I needed time to think about everything, but don't say it's not my fault."

He sighs. "I don't want you to feel bad. I understand why you needed some space."

"Yeah, well, try explaining that to a very opinionated seven-year-old who happens to think you walk on water. I swear you could probably tell her you hate Tom Brady's hair and she would still adore you," I tell him with a shake of my head.

"But, Bella, I do hate Tom Brady's hair. The guy had a ponytail for fuck's sake!"

I giggle, and damn does it feel good. "Yes, well, you won't tell Peyton you hate it, that's the point. It's okay, really. She and I will talk when you get done speaking to her, and make up over some chocolate chip cookies and milk. It'll be fine."

"If you're sure," he says still sounding like he doesn't believe me, but giving in just the same.

"Trust me, if you spend enough time with us, you'll learn all the tricks," I tease.

"I plan on doing just that," he answers in a voice laced with so much … just so much that it brings tears to my eyes.

I sniff and smile telling him, "Good. Here she is. I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Absolutely."

I hand Peyton the phone saying, "Someone wants to talk to you."

2 comments:

blueeyebrat said...

Love the tease :) Thank you!!!

robhasmyheart said...

Oh that looks very promising!!!!