The Breakers Chapter 12 Pic Tease and Teaser! Are you ready???

Monday, September 5, 2011


She presses her lips together and waits until she can talk before she says anything. I'm just getting more pissed and more embarrassed by the second. "He doesn't hate you and he's not going to kick your ass. We talked. Things are fine," she tells me as she unfolds her legs and sits up, but really that doesn't help.

At all.

"Yeah, well, wait until he finds out where I've been the last seven years," I mumble.

I turn around and face the fireplace, bits and pieces from our conversation Sunday night flying through my head. I keep hearing Carlisle tell me that I need to tell her. I keep imagining Peyton's disappointment when she finds out her best friend went to prison for armed robbery. I picture Bella's face when I tell her I watched someone get shot right in front of me and left for dead and then she tells me to go and never come back.

She scoffs behind me and when I turn around, she's shaking her head. When our eyes meet, she shrugs her shoulders and says, "You've been in Boston, what's wrong with that?"

I stare at her. I open my mouth and shut it. I break out into a sweat and I can feel the half cup of hot chocolate I just drank try to make a reappearance as my stomach roils and lurches. My chest tightens and my heart slams painfully in my chest.

When I don't say anything Bella just goes on. "I'm sure you were busy working and stuff. Hanging out. I know you said you kept to yourself and that you were alone, but I'm sure you had at least a few friends you spent time with. I mean Boston's so big and you lived there for a long time, you had to know some people." She's nervous and getting more so the longer I keep standing there, unable to move. She gets up, and reaches down to pick up our cups, saying, "I don't see what Xavier can be upset about. That all seems pretty normal to me."

"I was in prison for the last seven years," I blurt out, unable to keep it from her any longer.

7 comments:

ksw3 said...

Edward looks really sad in this picture. I hope things go better tan his expression in the picture.... Now I'm worried!

akaalice said...

Oh God...please listen to him Bella. Let him explain...just, please

Amber said...

OMG!!!! He just blurted it out. No beating around the bush. Can not wait to see how Bella is going to react. I hope to goodness that she will let him explain. I for one can't wait to hear his explaination.

Karen said...

ok, from what i can gather Xavier knows and is holding it over his head (as in, you tell her or i will)

on one hand, i am totally with Xavier (ducking from flying debris as i say this) he is her friend and protector and only wants what is best. but on the other hand, what dick move
as for Edward, I hate to say it, but he has had more than one opportunty, but then again, her dad and Carlisle both know so they could have helped to soften to blow
dang it help the boy out, he did his time
sunday cannot come soon enough

great chapter and great teaser- you never disapoint

Denise said...

All I can say, is until it is someone you love, who means the world to you, it is hard for some people to practice that time old saying "everyone deserves a second chance." Everyone is just too damn quick to judge. You know what they say about glass houses.

Jill Miller said...

I really hope Bella let's him explain. Now I'm gonna be on edge all week.

MOMO said...

Wow... I can't wait to see how this turns out....I know Bella will listen and hear him out.

Awe Edward looks like he really needs a hug in this picture...if bella won't, feel free to right me in to the story as some passerby who gives out hugs...trust me it will work :P

Cant wait for the chap!! :)