The Breakers Chapter 6 Teaser and Pic Tease

Monday, July 25, 2011


"Well?" Bella snaps and breaks me out of my trance.

"Oh, um," I stammer and mentally hit myself upside the head for sounding like such a fucking pussy.

She huffs and when I step forward, she steps back just a bit. That automatic reaction from her reminds me of why I chased after her in the first place. I take a deep breath. "I just wanted to ... I mean ... fuck ..." I wince and then decide to just spit it out. "I get the feeling you don't like me and I just wanted to tell you I am sorry if I make you uncomfortable."

Her breath hitches in her throat and it's sexy as hell. I know she didn't mean for me to notice it and I'm sure she has no idea that the sound makes me want to step even closer to her just to see if she does it again.

She opens her mouth and then snaps it closed. The space between her eyebrows dips and when she pulls her bottom lip between her teeth, my hand shoots into my hair. It's the only thing I can do to keep myself from reaching out and pulling her lip with my thumb. She looks up at me from beneath her eyelashes and I hold in the groan that's just begging to be released.

"I don't even know you, so how can I not like you?" she whispers as her eyes flit around and look at everything but me. Her voice is a mixture of hesitation, wariness, and ... surprisingly, something that sounds a lot like excitement. Like maybe, just possibly, she might want to get to know me.

I take a chance and move closer to her. The urge to say something, some sort of lame ass line like 'well, we can fix that problem when you go out with me on Friday night' is on the tip of my tongue, but there's no way in hell I'm letting those words out of my mouth. It's been more than seven years since I've talked to a woman, much less tried to flirt with one, and I'm not starting with Bella ... at least not right this moment.

I'd like for the woman to be able to stay in the same room as me for more than two minutes before I start thinking about anything like that.

I chuckle a little bit and her eyes blaze when she looks at me. I raise my hands and try not to let my smirk get me in any more trouble than I'm already in. Peyton most definitely gets her feistiness from her mother. "Well, you could have fooled me," I tease ... sort of.

She sure hasn't given any indication that she'd like for anything to happen other than for me to just disappear.

1 comments:

inkedupmom said...

I am DYING for this chapter bb!!! lol Can I talk you into posting early??? *gives you innocent Peyton eyes*