The Breakers Chapter 11 Pic Tease and Teaser

Monday, August 29, 2011


He's early this morning. Hopefully that's a sign that he's here to apologize.

It damn well better be.

I flip the lock and fling the door open. I take him by surprise more so by the fire shooting out of my eyes and my angry, defiant stance than the way I opened the door if the look on his face is any indication.

We stare at each other, neither saying a word. My chest tightens when a few seconds go by and he doesn't move. I don't want to argue with him, but I'm not letting him get away with behaving like an overprotective ass either.

His shoulders slump and he hangs his head. I frown, my heart heavy, aching, but press my lips tightly together when he finally looks back up. His eyes are so sad, haunted and I want to throw my arms around him and make it all better, but I can't give in about this. Not about Edward.

"I'm sorry."

The words are spoken so softly that if I wasn't standing right in front of him, I never would've been able to hear them, but the feeling behind the words comes through loud and clear. I lower my arms, but make no attempt to move closer. I wait until I know I can speak without letting my emotions get the best of me.

"For what exactly?" I sound bitchy, but I have to know. Is he sorry for yelling at me? Is he sorry for embarrassing the both of us in the middle of the pub? Is he sorry for the way he's been treating Edward?

Sighing, he scrubs at his face with his hands. He looks terrible. Dark circles under his eyes, skin ashy, two day's worth of stubble mars his usually smooth face … not Xavier-like at all.

He steps forward but I hold my ground, shaking my head. "Answer me, Xav, or you can turn around and I'll drive myself to work."

3 comments:

twiloveme said...

Love this teaser! Can't wait for Sun! Xavier has a lot to apologize for!

MOMO said...

oooooohhhh can't wait for next chapter!!!

Juliana said...

Oh, Sunday can't come fast enough!
I'm anxious to know what Xavier will tell...