The Breakers Chapter 10 Pic Tease and Teaser

Monday, August 22, 2011




Her eyes narrow and she glares at something over my shoulder. I twist around in my chair and am standing up before I even realize it when I feel a hand on my arm. "Sit," she orders.

My eyes are hard, angry, and my fingers have clenched into tight fists. Blood pounds in my ears and I swear everything is bathed in bright red. I'll kill the motherfucker.

"Edward, sit," Rose says again, this time more forcefully.

I sit, but don't take my eyes off Bella as she and Xavier argue. He's pointing and gesturing wildly. He's so much taller than she is that she has to look up at him while he talks, but she doesn't back down from him at all. Her arms are locked to her sides but even from across the pub I can tell she's shooting fire at him with her eyes. He's obviously an idiot because he just keeps going, even going so far as to shake Seth off when he grabs his elbow. I can't read lips, but I don't need to in order to know what he's saying.

You don't know him.

You can't trust him.

You're going to get hurt.

You're going to let Peyton get hurt.

It's when her shoulders slump that I'm out of my chair and at her side before I have time to think about what I'm doing.

My arm slips around her waist and I hold her close. Bending down to her ear, I ask, "Are you okay?"

She hiccups and I see a tear leak from the corner of her eye.

That fucking does it.

"Look, asshole," I sneer at him, gripping Bella even tighter. "I don't know what you just said to her, but if you have a problem with me, then come to me with it. Stop taking it out on Bella."

"You don't … why can't you ..." he stammers, unable to talk he's so pissed off.

"Because I'm here to stay. Until she tells me to leave her alone, I plan on being around for a long time," I tell him, not backing down from the death glare he shoots me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE me some Jealous/ProtectiveWard
Thank you for the tease.

inkedupmom said...

GAH!! I new X was gonna be an asshole! She's an adult and can make her own decisions dammit! =/

RobinB78 said...

Le sigh. I think we need to up it to 2 chaps a week. Maybe 3 or 4? Is that too much? LOL

Can't wait bb!! I can already tell it's going to be epic!

jokline14 said...

I understand he's protective of Peyton and Bella! I don't like it but in his own way he's just showing how much he loves them... Edward standing up to him is hit though!

evilnat said...

Yep, i have a feeling the next chapter might be all swoony and gahhhhhhh

xxxx