Important Announcement Concerning "The Breakers" Please Read!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hi beautiful friends …

Please take a moment and read this!

I have some very important information to share with you all about the the final chapter, The Epilogue of The Breakers. I'm very, VERY sorry to tell you that it will NOT be posted this weekend as planned. It's not because it's not done, or that I'm dragging my feet, or that I'm sad to say goodbye to our family in Corea … but because my other half, my better half, my beta, Laurel, will not be able to be here with me when I hit the complete button.

She's had a death in the family and first thing in the morning she will be traveling halfway across the country to be with her loved ones. Some of you might wonder why this would cause me to wait another week to post my chapter … if you are, let me explain.

We started this journey side by side 8 months ago (though we've picked up some others along the way) - longer if you count all the prep work that we did. I might write the words, but The Breakers is every bit as much Laurel's story as it is mine. She's researched, she's found pictures, she put together the blog, she posts the Wordle, she set up the Facebook page … she does it all. She pushes and prods, she encourages and supports and loves.

She's my mom, my sister, my best friend, and she's the other half of my brain. Finishing a story is something I'm proud of. This story is something I'm very proud of, but there is no way I could or can say goodbye to Edward, Bella, and Peyton without Laurel being able to share in the satisfaction of a job well done.

I hope you understand my actions.

I know you share in my sympathy for Laurel and her family.

I hope you'll come back in a little over a week and wish our Breaker family goodbye.

Thank you so much for your understanding, support and most of all your love for not only me but for Laurel as well.

See you next Sunday!

Lots of love,

Erin~

7 comments:

Connie said...

You are a very good friend. I am sure she is honored to have you. We will patiently wait for the next posting. This has been a wonderful journey and another amazing story. Thank you.

Heather W. said...

My prayers are with you both!

alliecat said...

I truly understand and support your decision. In your postion I would do the same. Many thoughts and prayers go out to Laurel and her family.

nrbl1 said...

My condolences to both Laurel and her family.
you are a great friend in your support to her..

Boo4me said...

I complete understand and support you decision. I will wait as long as it takes for you to post. My prayers go out to Laurel and her family. May God grant them peace.

Angeldolphin01 said...

I love that you are so supportive of your friend. Please let her know that she and her family are in my thoughts.

Cullen Cousin said...

That is very understandable. Please give her my condolences and I will keep them in my prayers.