The Breakers - Epilogue Teaser and Pic Tease

Monday, February 13, 2012

EPOV

"Dad!"

"Your sister sounds rather upset. What do you say we go see what all the fuss is about?" I ask and grin when my son gives me a toothy, gurgling smile.

At just shy of a year old, there is no doubt that he's the most incredible thing to ever happen to me … outside of his mother and sister of course.

I stand up from the couch where we've just had a nap and hold him with his back against my chest. His little legs kick as we walk, most likely because he thinks he's getting food but it's just as possible that he hears Peyton muttering to herself in the kitchen.

She's not quiet, never has been.

A slam of the refrigerator door makes Sam jump in my arms though like most things, he laughs at Peyton instead of being startled by the noise. A happier baby I'm not sure there has ever been in the history of … well, ever. Seriously, if my boy isn't smiling, I worry. From the moment he made his entrance into the world, eight days early and in the middle of the night, he's always had a smile on his face. Sometimes I wonder what in the world he sees or thinks about … then I wonder if it's just that he knows he's been loved and cherished from the time he was no bigger than a lima bean.

Peyton slams a glass down on the counter with a huff before she pours some apple juice, mumbling the whole time. I can't help but chuckle when some of it sloshes over the side and splashes on the counter.

She scowls, looking from the spilled liquid to the glass like it's the glass's fault it can't keep all the juice inside.

"Better stop that. Your face might stay that way … then what will Brody think?" I sing song his name, though I'm pretty sure there's a scowl on my face, too.

Damn kid, he's like a bad weed, always popping up even when I think we've gotten rid of him.

"Dad." She huffs, rolling her eyes when she turns around.

I will never, ever, as long as I live ever, tire of the way it sounds when she calls me Dad, even if like now, she's trying to be annoyed with me. She looks so much like Bella at times it's down right scary, especially when she does that little eyebrow quirk where the middle lifts into a perfect peak. Kind of like she's doing now.

2 comments:

Berry said...

Oh I am so looking foward to this and sad that it is the end! This has been such a good story!

Amber said...

OMGosh!!!!!! A BABY!!!! Edward holding a little bitty baby!!!! Love it!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!! But I am sad that this is the end. I sooooooo love this story. You have done an excellent job writing it.