The Breakers Chapter 22 Pic Tease and Teaser

Monday, November 28, 2011

Though I am posting these, please remember, there may not be a chapter on Sunday as my son has a soccer tournament this coming weekend!




EPOV

"You look nervous," the nurse comments cheerily as she checks my vitals.

I hold my arm out so she can wrap the infernal blood pressure cuff around my arm. My muscles still ache and by the time she's done, my arm limply falls down beside my leg.

"I am," I tell her. She fills in the chart and then drops it into the slot at the end of my bed. "I'm about to have a visitor and I'm worried about what her reaction is going to be." I nervously run a hand through my hair, not thinking of the bandage that still covers half of my forehead.

"Well it can't be your girlfriend because she's hardly left your side since you got here yesterday," she teases, and raises her eyebrow for an answer.

My heart stutter steps because I instantly think about Bella, and then smile at the nurse. "It's actually her daughter that's coming. Her name is Peyton. She's seven and the most amazing kid." I shake my head, at a complete loss for words because amazing doesn't even come close to describing Peyton.

"You love them both very much," she observes.

I nod, unable to answer and try to swallow past the golf ball-sized lump that's suddenly taken up residence.

She smiles fondly at me and then moves to change the bandage on my head. We're making small talk and I hear the door open and groan because I'm tired of tests.

"Hey, what are you doing to my best friend?" demands the sweetest voice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great teaser!

As a student nurse I would not want to be that nurse when Peyton came into the room. As cute as she is I would be terrified of being yelled at for bring some sort of harm to her best friend even if it is just checking vitals Lol!

Amber said...

I can't wait to see how Little P takes charge of that hospital. LOL!!!!! I also can't wait for her to give Edward a piece of her mind,because you know she is going to give him heck!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!